ST MEWAN SCHOOL
1:1 SUPPORT ASSISTANT YR4 (REF STM033)
30 hours per week, term time plus 5 INSET days, Actual salary £12,217
(pay and grading review pending)
Fixed Term in the first instance 1st September 2020-31st August 2021
Cornwall Education Learning Trust (CELT) is seeking to appoint a caring, patient and skilled individual to work as part of our team. The position would entail working 1:1 with a Y4 child with emotional and behavioural needs, supporting them to access their learning in class and in small groups. As essential part of this role will involve liaising closely with our Pastoral Manager and SENDCO to deliver a targeted intervention programme linked to the pupil’s EHCP targets. Ideally, we are seeking an individual who has received Trauma Informed Schools training but this is not essential.
We are looking for an individual who can demonstrate:
- at least 3 years’ experience of working with primary school pupils, including those with additional needs
- NVQ Level 2 or equivalent qualification or experience
- At least Maths and English GCSEs or equivalent at grade C or above
- the ability to work supportively with parents to meet the needs of pupils
- excellent communication skills – both verbal and written
- competency in ICT skills
- a competent working knowledge of safeguarding procedures and Keeping Children Safe in Education 2019
- a positive attitude and willingness to make a significant contribution to the school
- a creative and flexible approach to problem solving
- an ability to be adaptable and manage your own time effectively
This is an exciting time to join our large and dynamic Trust, which is responsible for educating learners across four secondary schools, one junior school and seven primary schools, with a Free School (primary) to open in 2021.
Cornwall has a hugely diverse landscape with nearly a third of the county designated as an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty. Cornwall is almost completely surrounded by sea with dramatic coastline, captivating fishing harbours, spectacular sandy beaches and a rich cultural heritage.
Application forms and full details are available to download from www.celtrust.org or alternatively please email email@example.com Applications by CV, letter or social media alone will not be accepted.
Closing date: Friday 5th June 9.00am
Interview date: Wednesday 17th June (via TEAMS)