LUXULYAN PRIMARY SCHOOL
SEND TEACHING ASSISTANT
20 Hours a week fixed term until 31st August 2021-actual salary £7745
Cornwall Education Learning Trust (CELT) is seeking to appoint a SEND Teaching Assistant to support pupils learning across the primary age range. The post will also include lunch-time cover and occasional intimate care responsibilities.
This is an exciting time to join this inclusive school that is committed to providing a wide range of high quality learning experiences for all children. There are currently 103 pupils on roll. We are committed to appointing the right person – previous experience is desirable but not essential.
The successful candidate will be expected to:
- Support the teacher in delivering the curriculum.
- Support the children in achieving and progressing towards their individual plans and targets.
- Demonstrate an adaptable approach to supporting learning.
- Provide lunch-time cover.
- Undertake 1:1 and group work.
- Be confident to support with personal care such as changing.
- Be confident to administer medication where appropriate.
- Assist in the preparation of teaching resources.
- Be able to communicate effectively with children and parents.
Luxulyan School is proud to be part of the Cornwall Education Learning Trust. The Trust is committed to providing quality continuing professional development. Necessary training would be given to the successful candidate.
Closing Date: Tuesday 11th August- 9am
Interview date: Wednesday 19th August