CARCLAZE PRIMARY SCHOOL
1:1 SUPPORT ASSISTANT YR 5 (REF:CAR025)
32.5 hours per week, term time plus 5 inset days. Actual salary £12,934
Fixed term in the first instance until 31st August 2021
Cornwall Education Learning Trust (CELT) is seeking to appoint a caring, patient and skilled individual to work as part of our team. The position would entail working 1:1 with a Year 5 child with emotional and behavioural needs, supporting them to access their learning in class and in small groups. An essential part of this role will involve liaising closely with our Pastoral Manger and SENDCO to deliver a targeted intervention programme linked to the pupil’s EHCP targets. Ideally, we are seeking an individual who has received Trauma Informed Schools training but this is not essential.
We are looking for an individual who can demonstrate:
- At least 3 years’ experience of working with primary school pupils, including those with additional needs
- NVQ Level 2 or equivalent qualification or experience
- Math and English GCSEs or equivalent at grade C or above
- The ability to work supportively with parents to meet the needs of pupils
- Excellent communication skills
- Competency in ICT skills
- A competent working knowledge of safeguarding procedures and Keeping Children Safe in Education 2019
- A positive attitude and willingness to make a significant contribution to the school
- A creative and flexible approach to problem solving
- An ability to eb adaptable and manage your own time effectively
This is an exciting time to join our large and dynamic Trust, which is responsible for educating learners across four secondary schools, one junior school and seven primary schools, with a Free School (primary) to open in 2021.
Cornwall has a hugely diverse landscape with nearly a third of the county designated as an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty. Cornwall is almost completely surrounded by sea with dramatic coastline, captivating fishing harbours, spectacular sandy beaches and a rich cultural heritage.
Application forms and full details are available to download from www.celtrust.org or alternatively please email firstname.lastname@example.org Applications by CV, letter or social media alone will not be accepted.
Closing date: Monday 7th September 2020
Interview date: Monday 14th September 2020