FOWEY PRIMARY SCHOOL
TEACHING ASSISTANT APPRENTICE
(REF: FOW023) 30 hours a week fixed term contract Apprentice Rates
Cornwall Education Learning Trust (CELT) is seeking to appoint a Teaching Assistant Apprentice. Duties will include:
- Working on the playground to lead activities and ensure that everyone has a safe and happy playtime.
- Working in a classroom to support pupils with their learning as well as working with small groups and individual children.
- Learning to support children with additional needs and helping them to access their learning
- Establishing good relationships with pupils, acting as a role model and be aware of and responding appropriately to individual needs whilst promoting the inclusion and acceptance of all pupils.
- Encouraging pupils to interact with others and engage in activities led by the teacher.
- Encouraging pupils to act independently as appropriate.
- Preparing classroom as directed for lessons, clear afterwards and assist with the display of pupils work.
- Supporting the teacher in managing pupil behaviour, reporting difficulties as appropriate.
- Developing and understanding and comply with policies and procedures relating to child protection, health, safety, security, confidentiality and data protection, reporting all concerns to an appropriate person.
- Displaying commitment to the protection and safeguarding of children.
Applications by CV, letter or social media alone will not be accepted.
Closing date: Tuesday 15th September 2020 9.00am
Interview date: Thursday 17th September 2020