LOSTWITHIEL PRIMARY SCHOOL
TEACHING ASSISTANT APPRENTICE-(REF:LOS018)
30 hours a week on fixed term-apprentice rates
Cornwall Education Learning Trust (CELT) is seeking to appoint Cornwall Education Learning Trust (CELT) is seeking to appoint a Teaching Assistant Apprentice. Duties will include:
- Working on the playground to lead activities and ensure that everyone has a safe and happy playtime.
- Working in a classroom to support pupils with their learning as well as working with small groups and individual children.
- Learning to support children with additional needs and helping them to access their learning
- Establishing good relationships with pupils, acting as a role model and be aware of and responding appropriately to individual needs whilst promoting the inclusion and acceptance of all pupils.
- Encouraging pupils to interact with others and engage in activities led by the teacher.
- Encouraging pupils to act independently as appropriate.
- Preparing classroom as directed for lessons, clear afterwards and assist with the display of pupils work.
- Supporting the teacher in managing pupil behaviour, reporting difficulties as appropriate.
- Developing and understanding and comply with policies and procedures relating to child protection, health, safety, security, confidentiality and data protection, reporting all concerns to an appropriate person.
- Displaying commitment to the protection and safeguarding of children.
This is an exciting time to join our large and dynamic Trust, which is responsible for educating learners across four secondary schools, one junior school and eight primary schools, with a Free School (primary) to open in 2021.
Applications by CV, letter or social media alone will not be accepted.
Closing date: Friday 2nd October 9.00am
Interview date: Wednesday 7th