SEN and CLASS BASED TEACHING ASSISTANTS (REF:MOU040A)
Positions-Permanent and Fixed Term
31.25 hrs (8.15am–3pm) hours a week, term time + 3 INSET days
24.17 hrs (8.15am–1.05pm) hours a week, term time + 3 INSET days
Actual salaries £11,938 & £9,233 (Pay and grading review pending)
Cornwall Education Learning Trust (CELT) is seeking to appoint class based and special educational needs teaching assistants to support pupils learning across the primary age range. Our team of support staff can also be based in our Area Resource Base (ARB) or to support children with special educational needs. The posts will also include lunch-time cover and intimate care responsibilities. This is an exciting time to join this large, inclusive school that is committed to providing a wide range of high quality learning experiences for all children. There are currently 420 pupils on roll with 14 children attending our ARB. We are committed to appointing the right person – previous experience is desirable but not essential.
The successful candidate will be expected to:
- Support the teacher in delivering the curriculum.
- Support the children in achieving and progressing towards their individual plans and targets.
- Demonstrate an adaptable approach to supporting learning.
- Provide break supervision.
- Undertake 1:1 and group work.
- Be confident to support with personal care such as changing and feeding.
- Be confident to administer medication where appropriate.
- Assist in the preparation of teaching resources.
- Be able to communicate effectively with children and parents.
This is an exciting time to join our large and dynamic Trust, which is responsible for educating learners across four secondary schools, one junior school and eight primary schools, with a Free School (primary) to open in 2021.
If you are interested in this position and wish to have an informal conversation, please contact the school on 01726 73911 or email firstname.lastname@example.org from Monday 2nd November.
Applications by CV, letter or social media alone will not be accepted.
Closing date: Wednesday 25th November 9.00am
Interview date: Wednesday 2nd December