ST MEWAN PRIMARY SCHOOL
Higher Level Teaching Assistant (REF: STM036)
30 hours a week term time only, permanent position
Actual salary £12,377-£14,333 (Pay and grading review pending)
Cornwall Education Learning Trust (CELT) is seeking to appoint a dedicated, creative and talented individual to join our friendly and supportive team. The successful applicant will cover short term absence and provide PPA cover for 3 afternoons a week across the whole school. We need an individual who is flexible and able to adapt quickly to new situations and, most importantly, have the interests of pupils at the heart of everything they do. We provide a supportive and caring environment for our pupils and staff and use trauma informed principles across our school.
If you can fulfil the criteria below, we look forward to receiving your application.
- At least 3 years’ experience of working with primary school pupils
- NVQ Level 3 or equivalent qualification or experience
- At least Maths and English GCSEs or equivalent at grade C or above
- specific training to support pupils with additional needs
- HLTA qualification (desirable)
- Trauma Informed Schools training (desirable)
- the ability to work supportively with parents to meet the needs of pupils
- excellent communication skills – both verbal and written
- competency in ICT skills
- a competent working knowledge of safeguarding procedures and Keeping Children Safe in Education 2019
- a positive attitude and willingness to make a significant contribution to the school
- a creative and flexible approach to problem solving
- an ability to be adaptable and manage your own time effectively
- a positive outlook
Due to the current pandemic, visits to the school are not available, however SLT welcome telephone appointments to discuss this position – please telephone the School Secretary, Mrs. Mannell, on 01726 74887 to arrange a convenient time.
Closing date: Friday 11th December 9.00am
Interview date: Wednesday 16th December