Luxulyan Primary School
SEND 1:1 Teaching Assistant (REF: LUX022)
27.5 hours a week term time only-fixed term position until 31st August 2021
Actual salary £10,342 (Pay and grading review pending)
Cornwall Education Learning Trust (CELT) is seeking to appoint a SEND Teaching Assistant to support pupils across the primary age range. We are an inclusive school that is committed to providing a wide range of high learning experiences for all children. There are currently 90 pupils on roll. Previous experience is desirable but not essential.
The successful candidate will be expected to:
- Support the children in achieving and progressing towards their individual learning plans and targets
- Demonstrate an adaptable approach to supporting learning
- Undertake 1:1 and small group work
- Be confident to administer medication where appropriate
- Assist in the preparation of teaching resources
- Be able to communicate effectively with children and parents
This is an exciting time to join our large and dynamic Trust, which is responsible for educating learners across four secondary schools, one junior school and eight primary schools, with a Free School (primary) to open in 2021.
Cornwall has a hugely diverse landscape with nearly a third of the county designated as an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty. Cornwall is almost completely surrounded by sea with dramatic coastline, captivating fishing harbours, spectacular sandy beaches and a rich cultural heritage.
Application forms and full details are available to download from www.celtrust.org or alternatively please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications by CV, letter or social media alone will not be accepted.
Closing date: Monday 4th January 9.00am
Interview date: Friday 8th January