ST MEWAN SCHOOL
1:1 SUPPORT ASSISTANT (REF STM037A)
30 hours per week, term time only
Actual salary £11,283 (pay and grading review pending)
Fixed Term in the first instance for 12 months
Cornwall Education Learning Trust (CELT) is seeking to appoint a caring, patient and skilled individual to work as part of our team. The position would entail working 1:1 with a Reception child with Autism, supporting them to access their learning in class and with their emotional and social development. As essential part of this role will involve liaising closely with our EYFS leader and SENDCO to deliver a targeted intervention programme linked to the pupil’s targets. Ideally, we are seeking an individual who has who has experience of working with children with autism and sensory needs.
We are looking for an individual who can demonstrate:
- at least 3 years’ experience of working with primary school pupils, including those with additional needs
- NVQ Level 2 or equivalent qualification or experience
- At least Maths and English GCSEs or equivalent at grade C or above
- the ability to work supportively with parents to meet the needs of pupils
- excellent communication skills – both verbal and written
- competency in ICT skills
- a competent working knowledge of safeguarding procedures and Keeping Children Safe in Education 2019
- a positive attitude and willingness to make a significant contribution to the school
- a creative and flexible approach to problem solving
- an ability to be adaptable and manage your own time effectively
- a positive outlook
This is an exciting time to join our large and dynamic Trust, which is responsible for educating learners across four secondary schools, one junior school and eight primary schools, with a Free School (primary) to open in 2021.
We cannot currently offer tours of the school however, if you would like to discuss this position with a member of the SLT before applying, please e mail CELT HR at firstname.lastname@example.org
Application forms and full details are available to download from www.celtrust.org or alternatively please email email@example.com Applications by CV, letter or social media alone will not be accepted.
Closing date: Friday 5th March (9.00am)
Interview date: Thursday 11th March