MOUNT CHARLES SCHOOL
SEN CLASS BASED HIGHER LEVEL TEACHING ASSISTANTS (REF: MOU046)
35 hours term time plus 3 INSET days, permanent positions
Actual Salary £15,716 (Pay and grading review pending)
Cornwall Education Learning Trust (CELT) is seeking to appoint class based, special educational needs higher level teaching assistants to support pupils with special educational needs learning across the primary age range in our Area Resource Base (ARB). The post will also include lunch-time cover and intimate care responsibilities.
This is an exciting time to join this large, inclusive school that is committed to providing a wide range of high quality learning experiences for all children. There are currently 420 pupils on roll with 14 children attending our ARB. We are committed to appointing the right person – previous experience is desirable but not essential. Necessary training would be given to the successful candidate.
The successful candidate will be expected to:
- Support in delivering the curriculum.
- Support the children in achieving and progressing towards their individual plans and targets.
- Demonstrate an adaptable approach to supporting learning.
- Provide break supervision.
- Undertake 1:1 and group work.
- Be confident to support with personal care such as changing and feeding.
- Be confident to administer medication where appropriate.
- Assist in the planning and preparation of teaching resources.
- Be able to communicate effectively with children and parents.
This is an exciting time to join our large and dynamic Trust, which is responsible for educating learners across four secondary schools, one junior school and eight primary schools, with a Free School (primary) to open in 2021.
Cornwall has a hugely diverse landscape with nearly a third of the county designated as an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty. Cornwall is almost completely surrounded by sea with dramatic coastline, captivating fishing harbours, spectacular sandy beaches and a rich cultural heritage.
If you are interested in this position and wish to have an informal conversation with Lori Nancarrow or Becky Thorp, please contact the school on 01726 73911 or email firstname.lastname@example.org from Monday 22nd February.
Application forms and full details are available to download from www.celtrust.org or alternatively please email email@example.com Applications by CV, letter or social media alone will not be accepted.
Closing date: Wednesday 3rd March 9.00am
Interview date: Wednesday 10th March