ST MEWAN SCHOOL
Permanent Teaching Assistant (Classroom and Speech and Language Duties)
30 hours a week-term time only – actual salary £11,523-£12,800
Cornwall Education Learning Trust (CELT) is seeking to appoint an experienced Teaching Assistant to join our team of support staff at St Mewan School . The role will entail a combination of supporting children in a classroom environment in the morning and additionally delivering 1:1 and small group intervention for children on speech and language programmes during the afternoon sessions. Experience of working with children with Speech and Language needs is desirable but not essential as training can be provided. We can offer you the opportunity to work with great pupils and a supportive and caring staff team in a school which places children at the heart of everything we do.
If you can fulfil the criteria below, we would LOVE to receive your application!
- at least 3 years’ experience of working with primary school pupils
- NVQ Level 3 or equivalent qualification or experience
- At least Maths and English GCSEs or equivalent at grade C or above
- the ability to work supportively with parents to meet the needs of pupils
- excellent communication skills – both verbal and written
- competency in ICT skills
- a competent working knowledge of safeguarding procedures and Keeping Children Safe in Education 2020
- a positive attitude and willingness to make a significant contribution to the school
- a creative and flexible approach to problem solving
- an ability to be adaptable and manage your own time effectively
- a sense of humour
- ELKLAN training would be desirable (but not essential)
Visits to the school are not possible at the present time, due to COVID-19 restrictions, however the Senior Leadership Team welcomes telephone appointments on 01726 74887 to discuss the vacancy and to tell you more about our fantastic school and its pupils. This is an exciting time to join our large and dynamic Trust, which is responsible for educating learners across four secondary schools, one junior school and eight primary schools, with a Free School (primary) to open in September 2021.
Application forms and full details are available to download from www.celtrust.org or alternatively please email firstname.lastname@example.org Applications by CV, letter or social media alone will not be accepted.
Closing date: Friday 12th March 9.00am
Interview date: Thursday 18th March