NEWQUAY PRIMARY ACADEMY
EYFS CLASS TEACHER (REF: NPA002)
Full-time, permanent role – Teachers’ Main Pay Scale
Cornwall Learning Education Trust (CELT) is delighted to announce that Newquay Primary Academy (our brand-new academy) is admitting new Reception pupils only from September 2021 and is offering 30 places to the Newquay community. As a result, we are looking to appoint an inspirational and highly motivated Early Years Foundation Stage Teacher who is passionate about children’s learning and has high expectations of all.
The successful candidate will support the Executive Headteacher to:
- Welcome and support up to 30 pupils and their families as they become the first cohort at Newquay Primary Academy.
- Ensure every child becomes ‘school-ready’ by developing their independence, confidence, resilience and curiosity.
- Enhance the excitement for children and parents, as their primary school career in a brand-new academy begins.
- Implement a values-based education that echoes our belief in the importance of doing the right thing, working hard together and being resilient in everything we do.
- Design and implement an Early Years Foundation Stage curriculum that develops lively, enquiring minds, fostering in every pupil the ability to question and argue rationally and to apply themselves enthusiastically to tasks and physical skills.
- Assist in the appointment of new staff to create a culture of very high aspiration and enable every pupil to make outstanding progress regardless of their starting point.
- Build links with our new families so that we have a supportive parent community that works together to make Newquay the best it can be.
- Create a culture where all staff are willing to participate in wider academy life and be able to promote and uphold the ethos of our school.
We are looking for a talented individual who:
- Is an excellent classroom practitioner with a commitment to high standards and expectations.
- Is a creative and enthusiastic individual with a positive attitude who will be a valued member of the Early Years Foundation Stage and Newquay Primary Academy team.
- Has an eye for detail and the ability to drive the highest standards across the curriculum.
- Has a secure subject knowledge across the Early Years Foundation Stage and Key Stage 1.
- Models excellent English and maths skills.
- Is committed to promoting and enriching the values of our academy.
For an informal discussion or more information about the post please contact the Executive Headteacher
(Mr Craig Hayes) on 01637 874543, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
For further details about our new Academy, please visit www.newquayprimary.net
Individual visits to view the Newquay Primary Academy plans and visits to the site are welcomed, subject to the Trust’s current COVID protocols.
Closing Date: Thursday 25th March at 9.00am
Interview Date: Wednesday 31st March