Teacher of English with Whole School Literacy Responsibility
Permanent, full-time (1.0fte)
Teachers’ Main / Upper Pay Scale plus TLR2b (£4,939 pa)
We are seeking an exemplary English Teacher to join our forward thinking team, with a whole school responsibility for curriculum access through literacy: securing access, engagement, and parity of progress across all key stages and subjects through word building and reading for learning.
This is an exciting opportunity for an exceptional practitioner to work with a successful department and its students, across three key stages. Having the subject knowledge to teach A Level is essential.
This responsibility will require excellent curriculum knowledge, including an academic and evidenced based understanding of how whole school literacy improves outcomes:
- An inspiring and excellent classroom practitioner with a proven track record of results.
- A love of literature and the craft of writing.
- Committed to promoting and developing a culture of reading and scholarship across the curriculum. Plan, implement and secure a long term and dynamic programme that will directly influence and facilitate confidence and curriculum access for all students.
- Support, develop, and enhance the highest standards of literacy practice of others.
- Strong academic ethos and uncompromising high standards for all.
This is an exciting time to join our large and dynamic Trust, which is responsible for educating learners across four secondary schools, one junior school and eight primary schools, with a Free School (primary) set to open in 2021.
Cornwall has a hugely diverse landscape with nearly a third of the county designated as an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty. Cornwall is almost completely surrounded by sea with dramatic coastline, captivating fishing harbours, spectacular sandy beaches and a rich cultural heritage.
Application forms and full details are available to download from https://www.eteach.com/careers/celtrust/
Applications by CV, letter or social media alone will not be accepted.
Closing date: Monday 29th March 2021 at 9am
Interview: Thursday 1st April 2021