Trevenson Road, Newquay, Cornwall, TR7 3BH
Assistant Headteacher: Learning and Progress
Permanent, full-time (1.0fte).
Leadership Spine 10-14
We are seeking to appoint an inspirational Assistant Headteacher, who will have a whole school responsibility for learning and progress, focussed on raising levels of aspiration and challenge to improve outcomes, particularly for our disadvantaged students. Working closely with the Deputy Headteacher with responsibility for Curriculum, Teaching and Learning, the successful candidate will have the ability to forensically interrogate data to inform rapid and targeted interventions so that all students progress. Working with others in a supportive environment, our new Assistant Headteacher will have responsibility for ensuring parity of progress across all three key stages and subjects for our disadvantaged learners.
Newquay Tretherras is a wonderful, forward-thinking place to work and this is an exciting opportunity for an exceptional practitioner to develop their career in a great school, working with our fantastic staff and students. We are the largest school in Cornwall, with over 1700 young people, including a thriving Sixth Form. The successful candidate will be able to inspire staff and students alike, so that we continue to develop our culture of aspiration, challenge and success. You will need to have credibility in the classroom, coupled with a proven track record of leading a department(s) to secure excellent outcomes. We are looking for a leader who has a rigorous approach to implementing strategy, pays real attention to detail and has the ability to evaluate impact thoroughly.
This new leadership role will require an academic understanding of curriculum knowledge and teaching and learning pedagogy, as well as an understanding of how assessment and data can be used to track and monitor progress and, ultimately, raise standards. The successful candidate will play an important role in driving our whole school disadvantaged strategy and will be committed to improving outcomes and life chances for our young people:
- A talented and skilled practitioner and leader, with a track record of achieving excellent results both as a teacher and across a subject area(s) or Key Stage
- A clear understanding of using data to track and monitor individual student progress to inform appropriate and effective interventions
- A positive commitment to promoting a culture of challenge and aspiration for disadvantaged learners across the curriculum
- The ability to implement key aspects of our long-term and dynamic whole school strategy to influence and facilitate individual confidence and ensure high quality curriculum access for all disadvantaged students
- The ability to support, develop, and enhance the highest standards of teaching and learning practice in others
- A strong academic approach and an uncompromising, relentless commitment to ensuring high standards for all.
If you are interested in this position and wish to have an informal conversation, please contact Ms G. Harries, Deputy Headteacher, via FAS@tretherras.net
Newquay Tretherras is part of Cornwall Education Learning Trust (CELT), a family of Cornish Primary and Secondary Schools, with a strategic vision of ‘learning together to help every child achieve more’. This is an exciting time to join our large, dynamic Trust, which is responsible for educating learners across four secondary schools, one junior school and eight primary schools with a Free School (primary) to open in September 2021. There are extensive opportunities to work collaboratively with experienced professionals and leaders across the Trust, with fantastic CPD and career development prospects.
Application forms and full details are available to download from https://www.eteach.com/careers/celtrust/
Closing date: Monday 29th March 2021.
Interview: Thursday 1st April 2021