NEWQUAY PRIMARY ACADEMY
CLERK TO THE LOCAL GOVERNING BODY (REF: NPA001)
2 meetings per term and work associated with meetings – starting 5th July (or sooner if required)
Salary £120 per meeting
Cornwall Education Learning Trust (CELT) is seeking to appoint an exceptional candidate to provide professional clerking services to the Governing Body at Newquay Primary Academy. This is an exciting opportunity for a flexible, motivated and organised individual to work with our dedicated governors. Duties of the role include the preparation and distribution of agendas and minutes, attending and accurately taking minutes of Governing Body meetings and providing advice and support to the Governing Body.
The successful candidate must be flexible in their approach and be available to attend early morning, daytime and evening meetings, make regular visits to school, attend training events and work from home to complete administrative and research duties.
This is a brand new academy who will require the services of a skilled clerk to engage with the headteacher and new governing board to ensure efficient delivery and effective governance.
The Clerk plays a key role in contributing to the efficient functioning of the governing body and committees by providing:
- Administrative and organisational support;
- Guidance to ensure that the LGB works in compliance with the appropriate legal and regulatory framework;
- Advice on procedural matters relating to the operation of the LGB
The Clerk is responsible for providing:
- An efficient, effective clerking service to the LGB
- Up to date information to the Governance Officer
- An effective professional working relationship with the LGB and MAT
Applications by CV, letter or social media alone will not be accepted.
Closing Date: Friday 7th May 9.00am
Interview Date: Tuesday 18th May