ST MEWAN PRIMARY SCHOOL
1:1 TEACHING ASSISTANT (REF:STM048)
Start 1st November –20 hours per week (8.45am -12.45pm)
Permanent, term time only + 2 Insert days- Salary £8032-£8227 gross per annum
Cornwall Education Learning Trust (CELT) is seeking to appoint a caring, patient and skilled individual to work as part of our team. The position would entail working 1:1 with a Y3 child with medical and learning needs, supporting them to access their learning in class and in small groups. As essential part of this role will involving liaising closely with our Pastoral Manager and SENDCO to deliver a targeted intervention programme linked to the pupil’s EHCP targets.
We are looking for an individual who can demonstrate:
- at least 2 years’ experience of working with primary school pupils, including those with additional needs
- NVQ Level 2 or equivalent qualification or experience
- At least Maths and English GCSEs or equivalent at grade C or above
- the ability to work supportively with parents to meet the needs of pupils
- excellent communication skills – both verbal and written
- competency in ICT skills
- a competent working knowledge of safeguarding procedures and Keeping Children Safe in Education 2021
- a positive attitude and willingness to make a significant contribution to the school
- a creative and flexible approach to problem solving
- an ability to be adaptable and manage your own time effectively
- a positive outlook
Cornwall Education Learning Trust (CELT), a family of Cornish Primary and Secondary Schools, with a strategic vision of ‘learning together to help every child achieve more’. This is an exciting time to join our large, dynamic Trust, which is responsible for educating learners across four secondary schools, one junior school and nine primary schools.
Application forms and full details are available to download
Applications by CV, letter or social media alone will not be accepted.
Closing date for applications: Thursday Monday 4th October at 9am
Interviews to be held: Monday 11thOctober
Cornwall Education Learning Trust is an equal opportunities employer and is also committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. We expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All offers of employment are subject to the satisfactory completion of safer recruitment checks and references including an enhanced DBS check.