PE/SPORTS HIGHER LEVEL TEACHING ASSISTANT
PONDHU PRIMARY SCHOOL (REF:PON017)
35 hours per week-term time + 2 days fixed term September 2022 until 31st August 2023 . Actual starting salary 14,618
Cornwall Education Learning Trust (CELT) is seeking to appoint a passionate PE / Sports Higher Level Teaching Assistant to join our team. This is an exciting opportunity to further develop PE and sport within a one-form entry primary school. The position would require teaching PE to all year groups, running after school sports clubs including fixtures, taking groups of children to sporting events, organising PE / Sports administration and break/lunchtime play leading with groups of children.
We are looking for someone who is:
- Passionate about providing children with opportunities for sporting activities.
- Confident to coach / teach a number of sports.
- Experienced in supporting across the primary phase and successful whole class teaching.
- Able to manage pupil behaviour positively.
- Fully committed to meeting the needs of all pupils.
- Able to inspire and challenge pupils and motivate others by example.
- Positive in their attitude and willing to make a significant contribution to raising standards across the school.
- Committed to working with all members of the school community, particularly with parents, our PE/Sports leader and leaders at other Cornwall schools.
- Eager to take a full and active part in all aspects of school life.
- Raise the profile of PE / Sport within the community, providing pupils with opportunities to take part in a wide variety of sporting events.
- Passionate about making learning experiences exciting, memorable and fun.
Cornwall Education Learning Trust (CELT) is a family of Cornish Primary and Secondary Schools with a strategic vision of ‘learning together to help every child achieve more’. This is an exciting time to join our large and dynamic Trust, which is responsible for educating over 7,500 learners across four secondary schools, one junior school and nine primary schools.
Application forms and full details are available to download from https://celtrust.org or, alternatively, please email email@example.com. Applications by CV, letter or social media alone will not be accepted.
Closing date for applications: Monday 6th June 9.00am
Interviews to be held: Friday 24th June