HIGHER LEVEL TEACHING ASSISTANT
PONDHU PRIMARY SCHOOL (REF:PON018A)
Starting 1st Sep-Permanent role 32.5 hours a week, term time +2 inset days
Actual gross salary £13,574 -£16,067
Cornwall Education Learning Trust (CELT) is seeking to appoint a Higher Level Teaching Assistant to work at Pondhu School to support the professional work of teachers in delivering the curriculum and taking responsibility for agreed learning activities under an agreed system of supervision. This is an exciting time to join this inclusive school that is committed to providing a wide range of high quality learning experiences for all children.
The successful candidate will be expected to:
- Support the teacher in delivering the agreed curriculum to whole classes of pupils
- Plan, prepare and resource lessons under the direction of class teachers
- Support the children in achieving and progressing towards their individual plans and targets
- Mark, record and report on development, progress and attainment, under the direction of class teachers and subject leaders.
- Establish productive working relationships with pupils, acting as a role model and setting high expectations.
- Work within an established behaviour policy to anticipate and manage behaviour constructively, promoting self-control and independence.
- Be able to communicate effectively with staff, children and parents.
- Comply with and assist with the development of policies and procedures relating to child protection, equal opportunities, health, safety and security, confidentiality and data protection, reporting concerns to an appropriate person.
Pondhu Primary School is proud to be part of the Cornwall Education Learning Trust. The Trust provides high quality continuing professional development. Necessary training would be given to the successful candidate.
Application forms and full details are available to download email@example.com. Applications by CV, letter or social media alone will not be accepted.
Closing date for applications: Monday 4th July at 9am
Interviews to be held: Tuesday 12th July
Cornwall Education Learning Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All offers of employment are subject to an Enhanced DBS check and, where applicable, a prohibition from teaching check will be completed for all applicants.
This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions) Order 1975 (as amended in 2013 and 2020). This means that certain convictions and cautions are considered ‘protected’ and do not need to be disclosed to employers and, if they are disclosed, employers cannot take them into account. Guidance about whether a conviction or caution should be disclosed can be found on the Ministry of Justice website: