NEWQUAY JUNIOR ACADEMY (REF:NJA022)
35 hours per week-term time plus 5 INSET days + 7 additional days
Actual gross starting salary £16,148
Cornwall Education Learning Trust (CELT) is seeking to appoint an Office Supervisor, with financial responsibilities, at Newquay Junior Academy, to ensure that admin support across the school is delivered effectively and to an excellent standard.
Duties/Responsibilities to include:
- Creating, maintaining and monitoring effective systems to ensure the smooth and efficient running of the school office and administrative/clerical systems across the school.
- To input data relating to payments and receipts onto the Academy’s computerised accounting
systems under the direction of the Office Manager/Headteacher’s PA and the Trust’s Finance Team.
- To collect receipts relating to payments made by the Academy and the issuing of receipts for
Payments made to the Academy, ensuring all invoices and receipts are logged on the Academy
- To assist the Finance team in the monitoring and reconciliation of all Academy bank account statements.
To assist in the production of reports and statistics relating to Academy finances as required.
- To assist the Finance team in the maintenance of the pupil school meals’ records, including the
collection and banking of monies and completion of weekly/monthly returns.
- To assist in the stocktaking and replenishment of stationery and miscellaneous stocks as directed
by the Office Manager/Headteacher’s PA and the Trust’s Finance Team.
- To assist the Finance team in the reconciliation and associated administration of the Academy
petty cash system.
- To assist in the arrangements and administration associated with music tuition provided by the
If you are interested in this position and wish to have an informal conversation please email the school in the first instance firstname.lastname@example.org Application forms and full details are available to download from www.celtrust.org or, alternatively, please email email@example.com. Applications by CV, letter or social media alone will not be accepted.
Closing date: Friday 1st July 9am
Interviews to be held: Monday 11th July
Cornwall Education Learning Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All offers of employment are subject to an Enhanced DBS check and, where applicable, a prohibition from teaching check will be completed for all applicants.
This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions) Order 1975 (as amended in 2013 and 2020). This means that certain convictions and cautions are considered ‘protected’ and do not need to be disclosed to employers and, if they are disclosed, employers cannot take them into account. Guidance about whether a conviction or caution should be disclosed can be found on the Ministry of Justice website: