FOWEY PRIMARY SCHOOL (REF: FOW001)
PE / SPORTS HIGHER LEVEL TEACHING ASSISTANT
33.75 hours term time + 2 Inset days -actual starting salary £18,667
Cornwall Education Trust is looking to appoint a passionate PE/Sports Higher Level Teaching Assistant to join our team at Fowey primary school. This is an exciting opportunity to further develop PE and sport within a well-resourced primary school with fantastic grounds. The position would require teaching PE to all year groups, running after school sports clubs including fixtures, taking groups of children to sporting events, organising PE/Sports administration and break/lunchtime play leading with groups of children.
We are looking for someone who is:
- Passionate about providing children with opportunities for sporting activities.
- Confident to coach / teach a number of sports.
- Experienced in supporting across the primary phase and successful whole class teaching.
- Able to manage pupil behaviour positively.
- Fully committed to meeting the needs of all pupils.
- Able to inspire and challenge pupils and motivate others by example.
- Positive in their attitude and willing to make a significant contribution to raising standards across the school.
- Committed to working with all members of the school community, particularly with parents, our PE/Sports leader and leaders at other Cornwall schools and The Mid-Cornwall Sports Partnership.
- Eager to take a full and active part in all aspects of school life.
- Raise the profile of PE / Sport within the community, providing pupils with opportunities to take part in a wide variety of sporting events.
- Passionate about making learning experiences exciting, memorable and fun.
To arrange a conversation to find out more please call the school office: 01726 832542 or email email@example.com.
Application forms and full details are available to download
Closing date: Tuesday 7th February 2023, 9am
Interview date: Monday 20th February
Cornwall Education Learning Trust is an equal opportunities employer and is also committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. We expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All offers employment are subject to the satisfactory completion of safer recruitment checks and references including an enhanced DBS check.
This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions) Order 1975 (as amended in 2013 and 2020). This means that certain convictions and cautions are considered ‘protected’ and do not need to be disclosed to employers and, if they are disclosed, employers cannot take them into account. Guidance about whether a conviction or caution should be disclosed can be found on the Ministry of Justice website: