LOSTWITHIEL SCHOOL (Ref:LOS005)
0.4 FTE-Mondays & Tuesdays
Teachers Main Pay Scale-12 months fixed term from 1st September 2023
Cornwall Education Learning Trust (CELT) is seeking to appoint an inspirational and highly skilled Key Stage 1 teacher for September 2023 to join our fantastic teaching team. The role will be a job share position with the current Year 1 teacher.
Successful candidates should have:
- An appropriate teaching qualification with subject specialism stated
- Experience of teaching in Key Stage 1
- Knowledge of the expectations for children at the end of Key Stage 1
- Recent experience of teaching Read, Write Inc
- Aspirations for all pupils to achieve their very best
- High expectations of behaviour for learning
- A thorough knowledge of the safeguarding requirements for schools
- The ability to engage and inspire children and to plan for children of all abilities
- Experience of administering the Year 1 phonics screening is desirable but not essential as training will be provided.
Cornwall Education Learning Trust (CELT) is a family of Cornish Primary and Secondary Schools with a strategic vision of ‘learning together to help every child achieve more’. This is an exciting time to join our large and dynamic Trust, which is responsible for educating over 7,500 learners across four secondary schools, one junior school and nine primary schools.
Application forms and full details are available to download from https://celtrust.org/join-us/vacancies . Visits to the school are welcome. Please call the school office on 01208 872339.
Applications by CV, letter or social media alone will not be accepted.
Closing date for applications: Wednesday 7th June 9am
Interviews to be held: Friday 23rd June
Cornwall Education Learning Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All offers of employment are subject to an Enhanced DBS check and, where applicable, a prohibition from teaching check will be completed for all applicants.
This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions) Order 1975 (as amended in 2013 and 2020). This means that certain convictions and cautions are considered ‘protected’ and do not need to be disclosed to employers and, if they are disclosed, employers cannot take them into account. Guidance about whether a conviction or caution should be disclosed can be found on the Ministry of Justice website:https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/new-guidance-on-the-rehabilitation-of-offenders-act-1974