MOUNT CHARLES SCHOOL
PE / SPORTS HIGHER LEVEL TEACHING ASSISTANT (REF: MOU037)Actual salary £16,403-£19,755 (Pay and grading review pending) 33 ¾ hours permanent role
Cornwall Education Learning Trust (CELT) is seeking to appoint a passionate PE / Sports Higher Level Teaching Assistant to join our team. This is an exciting opportunity to further develop PE and sport within a large two-form entry, well-resourced primary school. The position would require teaching PE to all year groups, running after school sports clubs including fixtures, taking groups of children to sporting events, organising PE / Sports administration and break/lunchtime play leading with groups of children.
- Passionate about providing children with opportunities for sporting activities.
- Confident to coach / teach a number of sports.
- Experienced in supporting across the primary phase and successful whole class teaching.
- Able to manage pupil behaviour positively.
- Fully committed to meeting the needs of all pupils.
- Able to inspire and challenge pupils and motivate others by example.
- Positive in their attitude and willing to make a significant contribution to raising standards across the school.
- Committed to working with all members of the school community, particularly with parents, our PE/Sports leader and leaders at other Cornwall schools and The Mid-Cornwall Sports Partnership.
- Eager to take a full and active part in all aspects of school life.
- Raise the profile of PE / Sport within the community, providing pupils with opportunities to take part in a wide variety of sporting events.
- Passionate about making learning experiences exciting, memorable and fun.
To arrange a visit or a conversation with the head teacher please call the school office: 01726 73911 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
This is an exciting time to join our large and dynamic Trust, which is responsible for educating learners across four secondary schools, one junior school and seven primary schools, with a Free School (primary) to open in 2021. Cornwall has a hugely diverse landscape with nearly a third of the county designated as an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty. Cornwall is almost completely surrounded by sea with dramatic coastline, captivating fishing harbours, spectacular sandy beaches and a rich cultural heritage.
Closing date: Thursday 18th June 2020, 9am
Interview date: Thursday 25th June 2020