22.83 hours a week, term time only (including lunchtime supervisor duties)
Actual salary £8,306.41
Fowey Primary School requires a Teaching Assistant to work 1-1 to support pupils with additional needs, across the primary age range in and out of the classroom. We foster an inclusive and nurturing learning environment where children are celebrated as unique individuals. We have a number of children who require 1-1 support and we pride ourselves on working together to ensure all children in our school have a fantastic education!
Our particular strengths include:
• The exemplary behaviour and learning attitudes of all of our children;
• The commitment, enthusiasm and morale of the whole team;
• Our team spirit and ethos of working together
• Our comprehensive training and support packages for staff at all levels
• Communications and relationships with parents, governors and outside agencies, enabling the school to continually develop and improve.
The successful candidate will be expected to:
• Support the teacher in delivering the curriculum to children with additional needs
• Undertake group work
• Assist in break-time supervision
• Assist in the preparation of teaching resources
• Be able to communicate effectively with children and parents
Proud to be part of Cornwall Education Learning Trust, our aim is to ensure every child makes excellent academic progress and develops key life skills, so they leave us feeling safe, confident, happy and ready for their next stage in education. The Trust is committed to providing quality continuing professional development.
If you are interested in this position and wish to have an informal conversation please contact the school on (01726) 832542.
Application forms and further information, including job description and person specification, are available to download from https://celtrust.org or www.fowey-ji.cornwall.sch.uk, alternatively please email: firstname.lastname@example.org for further details.
Closing Date: Friday 22nd November 9.00am
Interview Date: Friday 29th November
Cornwall Education Learning Trust is an equal opportunities employer and is also committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We implement the safer recruitment process; the successful candidate will be expected to undergo checks including an enhanced DBS clearance.